300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training 2018/2019
YOGAMAZÉ 300 hour teacher trainings unlock and unleash your teaching potential. We provide tools to increase your efficacy and potency in the classroom and beyond. We systematically and exponentially increase your teaching knowledge and expertise. We build upon foundational competencies, and introduce new techniques to improve the quality and authenticity of your unique voice, position and perspective. You will learn self-empowerment strategies to better help yourself over time on your distinct yoga journey.
You will receive individual attention from teachers and peers alike, while developing textured and varied connections within your training group. Our unique training ecosystem presents opportunities for exposure in global and local yoga businesses and communities. In addition to exponential personal and professional growth, our students report long term relationships with colleagues in all corners of the world.
This training is a serious investment in the quality of your education. Join us and see what yoga school is all about.
This is an advanced teacher training designed to enhance your yoga practice, deepen your understanding of all things yoga, and refine your teaching skills. Our curriculum is designed around self-empowerment. We will meet you where you are and take you to the next level. We will build upon the foundational information and skills, which you gained in your 200 hour program. Through the arc of this training we methodically teach and demonstrate how to incorporate new teaching methods and tools into your preferred teaching modalities. You will learn new skills to bring to your classrooms and beyond.
Core areas of study:
- Teaching alignment
- Anatomy & kinesiology
- Vinyasa flow
- Sequencing strategies
- Therapeutics & adjustments
- Yoga philosophy
- Psychology of teaching
- Yoga ethics
- Leadership & facilitation skills
- Communication & group dynamics
- Pranayama, mantra & meditation
- The business of yoga
As a graduate of this program, you will:
- Receive individual teaching guidance
- Expand your knowledge of alignment
- Expand your personal asana knowledge
- Be dexterous with yoga sequencing
- Be an effective class planner
- Master fundamental teaching skills
- Be a more confident teacher
- Understand your individual strengths
- Key into your leadership abilities
- Work with different areas for improvement
- Overcome and move past challenges
- Plan next steps in your yoga career
- Navigate success without compromising integrity
- Possess community building skills
- Possess conflict resolution skills
- Be an effective communicator
- Completion of a 200-hour yoga teacher training.
- No prior teaching experience is required.
- You do not need to be flexible or injury free.
- Dedication, motivation and self-directed studentship of yoga and the path of teaching.
- Willingness to participate fully in group process, able to give and receive feedback.
SPECIFIC PROGRAM STRUCTURE
The training will be held at the SLO Yoga Center, downtown San Luis Obispo, CA. 672 Higuera St #200, San Luis Obispo, CA.
This training consists of 6 five-day modules. In between onsite weeks we utilize online classrooms to apply and integrate the learning. Students may miss a module if necessary. We can accommodate make up modules for up to one year after the training ends.
Module 1: September 24-28, 2018
Module 2: November 12-16, 2018
Module 3: January 21-25, 2019
Module 4: February 25 - March 1, 2019
Module 5: April 15-19, 2019
Module 6: June 10-14, 2019
Expect daily hours to be 9:00am-6:00pm; however the exact schedule will be flexible and specific hours will be tailored to the teacher’s assessment of group needs, and announced prior to each respective module.
Complete participation is strongly recommended. However, life events and circumstances sometimes take priority, and we are as flexible and reasonable as we can be with our students. Makeup options are available.
Rocky Heron Founder of Yoga with Rocky and YOGAMAZÉ Emissary, Rocky Heron (E-RYT500) is a world-traveling yoga teacher and avid yoga student. Known for uncanny wisdom and skillful instruction, Rocky’s teaching is informed by years of study in nearly every yoga style, and his dedicated interest in exploring the body/mind’s wisdom and innate healing potential. When not on the road, Rocky spends his time in San Francisco or Los Angeles, CA where he works alongside Noah Mazé in formulating meaningful yoga curriculum for the YOGAMAZÉ system. Students steep themselves in Rocky’s teaching for his intelligence and playfulness, as well as the potent growth opportunities he nearly always brings to class. A musician, singer, and songwriter, Rocky’s classes often feature an offering of live mantra and music. His debut Sanskrit Ep, “The Requiem” can be found by visiting YogawithRocky.com, as well as his updated travel schedule and other news.